Monday, August 6, 2012

Park Adventures

I believe I forgot to mention yesterday how we had to try and get Leo to stop begging to go to a park we passed on the way to the store. It was a long busy day, we didn't have time to go to it so we sadly had to tell him no. Though he was creative today, I swear he's a morning person to the extreme considering he came into our room at six in the morning and sat on our bed staring at Ellis and Me. When Ellis finally woke up, after I poked him a million times that is, he got Leo to at least give us time to wake up fully. I think Leo knows us way to well though, he knows our guards are down when we are still sleepy and are easier to persuade to his will then. So during breakfast, which was yummy pancakes, Leo got onto us again begging and begging to go to the park. It wasn't long before we were giving in and packing stuff up to go out to the park and have a picnic for lunch.

After we found the park again, which admittedly took a while longer then it should have, we parked near the playground. Lucky for us Leo was perfectly still when we went to unbuckle him from the carseat, of course that was because he wanted to take off as soon as he was free. We should have known he would,but still I had to chase him down while Ellis got the picnic basket out. I think Leo expected me to chase him though, he went straight to the swingset getting on saying 'Mommy push me pease!' yes he said 'pease' it was so adorable. I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to his adorable moments, its hard for me to tell him no no matter what he's asking for. So I went to push him and told him to not run out of the car again, he seemed to understand at least. The park was pretty empty at first, though that didn't matter to Leo he enjoyed dragging me and Ellis around to different things to play. Leo was fascinated by the sandbox though, and I admit I was too considering it wasn't the usual tan that's back on Earth. Instead the sand was a fine sea green sand, it looked harder to play with than the courser sand on Earth would be but I don't think Leo noticed a difference. Gotta love the focus of a young child, it only focuses on whats important the colors and how fun something is.

After a while we had an early lunch though, laying out on a blanket to eat the picnic we have brought. I don't know how we got Leo to settle down enough to eat, but we managed it and I think he's glad we did. After lunch he ended up falling asleep on the blanket, but we didn't have the heart to move him yet we knew he wanted to play in the park a bit more. Though it was a good thing we hadn't moved him, his nap was very short because he hear music. Well not so much as because he heard music, but because it was music that was a universal sign of 'ice cream' . I never thought we would hear 'The Entertainer' anywhere other then on Earth, but it looks like this planet uses at least some Earth tunes for their ice cream trucks. Leo, being like most kids, wanted ice cream right away even though he just ate his lunch. It was impossible to say no to him, mainly because I wanted ice cream too and I didn't want to eat it in front of him that would just be mean! So I gave in and said yes, which I swear immediately gave Leo super strength considering how easily he was able to drag me up and to the ice cream truck. Some kids had appeared out of seemingly no where, creating a bit of a line to wait in but that was okay. I was busy looking over the images on the side of the truck, to try and pick out what would be close enough to Earth's flavors, when I suddenly felt a tug on my hand. Looking down I saw Leo looking up with wide, frightened eyes, whispering, "Mommy, its a ghostie..." I was confused at first, looking to the kids to see if he meant one of them. While I was looking at them though I noticed something..odd at the front of the line. The opening was too high for kids to reach as usual, but that wasn't really a problem at the moment. The man serving the ice cream was reaching through the truck's wall to give the ice cream at a height the child could reach it. As frightening as that was at first, I couldn't get over the sweetness of the act, after all it didn't make the children feel small like many do when they try to reach for ice cream out of a truck. However, Leo wasn't seeing things like that instead he was trying to tug me away. No matter what I said, I couldn't convince him that things were okay. So our trip to the park was cut short, and we didn't get any ice cream today.

Maybe next time we go to the park he'll be better about things. Its about time to get him up from his nap, so I'm going to try and help him understand about the kinds of people here more. I just hope I can, I don't want him to be scared of his new home..

Remember if you have any questions feel free to ask them on my facebook, and remember when I have a new blog entry I post it on the page! http://www.facebook.com/AStrangeWorldOfPurple

Also, I've recently gotten a twitter account so feel free to follow me on there! https://twitter.com/TyraSummers1

No comments:

Post a Comment