Sunday, August 5, 2012

THAT'S NOT A PUPPY!

Today was an adventure to say the least! Ellis and I decided it would be a good day to do a bit of exploring in town, we needed to get groceries after all. So we bundled Leo up and got him in the car, which that alone is an adventure in itself. We've done it before with the SUV back home, but still strapping a four year old into a car is like wrestling with a snake! Except he doesn't bite, luckily he's past that stage. Also luckily, with it being a new town we didn't get a lot of 'are we there yet' because he was too interested in staring at all the places we were passing. Well really we were all busy staring, which is why we missed the store's turn a couple times, but like they say third time's a charm!

When we got Leo unbuckled in the car we had to chase him down before he got in the store, he usually sticks close to us but I guess the chance to have an adventure was too strong for him to resist.  Since he was being so squirmy and deciding to run off randomly, we had a feeling it would be safest to keep him in the cart so he couldn't escape us randomly. When we went in, we were a bit shocked at what we saw, I don't know what we were expecting but it looked just like a regular grocery store back on Earth. The only different really was aisles were wider to account for different people, and the items they had in stock of course was different. Lucky for us many of the items had references on it to what other planets carried, and we had a list from our parents of what kind of foods to look for along with a list of what to avoid.  So, with Ellis pushing the cart and Leo staring at everything, we headed through all the aisles picking out items to get for the house.

At one point we were looking at was basically a 'sweets' aisle that was filled with hundreds of cookies and such items, the mere selection we had was daunting and we were having to look at the packages carefully. I'm still wondering why they couldn't just have a 'chocolate chip cookie' with obvious packaging, it would make shopping so much easier..Anyway, while Ellis and I were looking  at different p ackages trying to find a good sweet snack to get, we heard Leo suddenly say "Puppy!" I hadn't seen any dogs when we went down the aisle, but we had been there quite a while so I looked up curiously to see what got him excited.  I couldn't believe what I saw! Now let me give you a quick bit of a background on my life, I've seen werewolves on Earth,but they are nothing like the creatures in the myths. These werewolves are just humans with wolf ears that can transform into a wolf at will, nothing like the howling-at-the full-moon  half human half hounds people usually talk about. What I saw today however was nothing like the werewolves I had seen back home. This was more like what people talk about, being all furry and looking a lot like a half dog half human. The creature's back had been towards Leo as he looked at a shelf, but when Leo started petting him he turned around. His eyes were bright yellow and he was just raising an eyebrow as his shirtless chest was petted by the young child, luckily though he didn't seem to be violent at the time at least. I immediately moved forward and tried to stop Leo from petting him, at the same time apologizing and explaining to him how we were new to the planet and hadn't met anyone like him yet.  I can't explain to you the amount of relief that filled me when the man just smiled and said it was okay, lucky for or maybe for us he hadn't met an Ayahn yet and was just as curious about us as Leo was about him. We talked for a bit and he showed us what kind of cookies Leo would like, he also told us about some places in town to check out and gave us a number in case we needed help.

The rest of the trip was rather uneventful, well not really,but it was compared to seeing Leo pet a werewolf man! I'm just glad he was a nice and understanding man, it seems we have made out first friend here. I just hope its the first of many, the more friends we have the more protected we will be if people come looking for us here. Anyway that's about it for today, I have to get started on lunch now Leo's tummy monster is growling!

Remember, if you have any questions you would like me to answer you can ask them on my facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/AStrangeWorldOfPurple and I post on there when I have new blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment