Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Repairs Repairs and More Repairs

Alright so we found out that the storm did a lot more damage then we thought it had. Ellis and I went outside to check things and found half our roof was missing. My only question with this is how are we going to pay for it?! I'm still not sure how we are, but we'll find a way.

Truth is we need jobs, but we don't want to be away from Leo..plus I really don't want to work anyway though that is just me being lazy. However, I have picked up a small time job doing what? Repairs. Yeah, I know its a bit odd considering I'm new to the planet, however I'm helping the repairman who is doing our roof do other work. Basically I'm working for free but its paying for most of the repairs on our roof, so it all works out in the end. I know what you are thinking, Ellis should be the one doing this,thing is he tried to get the job but the repairman wanted me.  I don't know why, I thought maybe it was because of my wings so I told him I couldn't fly, but he still just insisted on me.

So today was my first day of work, and I already hate it. I had to follow the guy around all different parts of another storm attacked house, handing him tools randomly. Lucky for me though he was patient and explained things to me, since these are new tools to me after all. I don't know how many days of this I can take though, repair work is such a boring thing to watch especially when you don't know whose doing it! Luckily I don't think I work tomorrow, which means I get to spend more time with my family. For now I think I'm just going to collapse on the couch..

Remember, if you have questions or want to keep up with me go to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AStrangeWorldOfPurple . You can also follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TyraSummers1 . Also if you'll look to the sidebar you'll see the link to my husband's blog that he just started!

No comments:

Post a Comment