Thursday, August 9, 2012

Restaurant Woes

Oh my, today was not the best day on this planet by any means. It was confusing, upsetting, and embarrassing all at the same time. We thought we would go out and have a nice meal, we even invited Damien to come with us but he wasn't really in the mood to be outside. So it was just Ellis, Leo and me when we went to a restaurant not too far from the house. We hadn't really heard anything about it, but we had seen a lot of people go into it so we figured it would be a safe place to eat. After all there was bound to be something good for us to eat!

Lucky for us we got to the restaurant when there wasn't a lot of people there, so we got a booth to sit in away from everyone else. We didn't want  Leo to randomly freak out over creatures he hadn't seen before, we didn't want him to be upset or the people to be embarrassed and/or upset about it. However we hadn't thought about who the waiter would be, though lucky for us it didn't seem to be a problem really. To put it simply, our waitress was a Neko Girl as the Japanese would put it. I think Leo has an attachment to animal like people, he seems perfectly fine with werewolves and cat people, its the random creatures that scare him the most. She gave our menus to us, while I tried to convince Leo not to pet 'the pretty kitty' as he kept saying anytime he saw her. I think our waitress took it as a childish flirting and would just give smiles and gently flirt with him, but I knew it wasn't that. I knew it was just his love for animals and thinking anyone who had animal traits was an animal. Though really I'm not sure where he gets that ideas, considering he has wings like a bird would have and he doesn't expect to be treated like an animal. Except when he's playing but that is a completely different subject.

Anyway, I don't know why we didn't ask the nice waitress about the kind of food served there. I guess it just didn't come to mind, and the fact the menu was full of images to help us pick out what looked good. After looking at the menu for a little bit we decided on some things that we thought would be safe for us to have. For Ellis and Me, it was a hamburger and fries while for Leo it was chicken nuggets and apple slices. Once we had put in our order we relaxed a bit talking about things we could do over the next few days, we had found a few brochures for local museums outside the restaurant so we're trying to get Leo interested in them. You know its amazing how much persuading it takes to interest a child at times, even when the museum you want to take them to is a child museum. Our talking though distracted Leo for a while at least, long enough that he didn't freak out when the booths and tables around us started to fill up. However he did freak out suddenly towards the end of the conversation, screaming out "GHOSTIE HEAD MOMMY! MAKE IT GO AWAY!" and pointing next to me. The sudden screaming had everyone's attention, especially mine making me jump and look to where he was pointing. All of that happened in just a second, at the same time there was a squeak and what seemed to be a disappearing head.  A few seconds later a young woman looked over the edge of the booth, "I'm sorry...my son was just curious and stuck his head where it didn't belong.." I was already red from having what seemed to be every eye in the restaurant us, and it took me a moment to figure out what exactly had just happened. After a slight pause I had managed to tell the woman it was alright and explained we were new to the planet, I then had to explain to Leo once again that it was okay and that the ghost people on this planet were nice people. That it was just a young curious boy, just like he was. That of course got Leo curious again, and it wasn't long before he was standing on the booth seat next to me talking to the boy. As much as I didn't want him standing up like that, I didn't want to stop him from making a friend so instead I just made sure he didn't fall from his place.

After a while though our food came, and I got Leo to sit down to eat. I had already exchanged information with the woman though, so hopefully we'll get to see the family again so Leo can have play dates. Once Leo was settled back down we decided to start eating, though it wasn't long before Leo was spitting his chicken nuggets back out. He was complaining to me that they tasted weird, and truth was his wasn't the only food that tasted weird. Ellis and I had both taken bites of our hamburgers but hadn't taken anymore. I told Leo if he didn't like his nuggets he wouldn't have to eat this time, but he kept insisting I tried them too. I think he wanted to make sure they were yucky before he gave up on them. So after quite a bit of insisting, I ended up trying one of his nuggets and almost spat it back out too. The hamburgers didn't taste good, but the nuggets were the most disgusting thing I had ever had.  We tried the rest of the food, avoiding the main parts of our meals. The french fries were okay, they are a lot like Earth's but they did have a slight change to them and Leo's apples were okay to. When the waitress came back over, I had to ask her what exactly we had ordered. She was confused but luckily she patiently explained to us that Ellis and I had gotten 'hamburgers' which are literally made from an animal that like a cross of a pig and a cow. The odd taste with it made more sense now, and also really the fact they are called 'hamburgers' really makes sense now. However what Leo had gotten was really chicken nuggets..well...not really..it was more of Rooster...nuggets...I'll let you imagine where exactly those came from, all I know is I'm never getting chicken nuggets again on this planet!

Today was an adventure and a half to say the least, when we got home I ended up making us lunch and we all enjoyed it with Damien downstairs. Luckily Damien told us some food to look out for, he hadn't realized that we wouldn't know the food here. Hopefully we can avoid problems like this in the future, anyway I'm going to go to bed now. We have a long day planned out for tomorrow, hopefully we'll be able to do it.

Remember, if you have questions or want to keep up with me go to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AStrangeWorldOfPurple . You can also follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TyraSummers1 .

No comments:

Post a Comment