Tuesday, August 21, 2012

POWER!

We have power! Finally! Yesterday we had a major rainbow storm roll in early in the morning. Actually early enough that thunder woke all of us, well woke Leo and he woke us up. Thunder here is a lot like back home, though that doesn't stop it from being scary to Leo. He ran into our room early in the morning trying to cling to us, my poor little boy. I tried to explain to him a way it wouldn't sound scary, but he wasn't listening to a word I said so I gave up after a few moments. I had to change my approach with things, but right now I just wanted to hold and comfort my little boy.

It wasn't long after that, that Leo freaked out even more though with good reason. The storm knocked out our power, and with it being a new house being stuck in the pitch black bedroom was a bit frightening. My cellphone was dead sadly, I forgot to charge it the night before, but Ellis's had a small charge so we had a temporary flashlight to use. After much stumbling around, Ellis and I were dressed and carrying Leo downstairs carefully.  We were lucky though, we had thought to get some candles last time we went to the store so we had light...sorta..We just didn't take into account how many candles that house would really need to light it up well enough to see the room we were in.

After a couple of hours Leo was starting to freak out again though. He kept saying 'what about Gracie?' to us, and was wanting to go outside to get her. It took quite a few tries but  I think we got him convinced that Gracie would have found a safe place to be outside and that going outside right now wouldn't be a good idea.  Either we convinced him or he just gave up on trying to go outside, with him being scared of the storm its hard to tell which it really was. I think though Damien coming up to the main floor helped things, Leo was delighted to see him somewhere beside the basement. Luckily with the storm knocking out the power, Damien grew braver and came upstairs to check on us. He knew it was our first storm here and wasn't sure if we had storms like this back home, so he wanted to make sure we were doing okay with it all. Leo was instantly clinging to him though begging for him to stay upstairs with us.

The rest of the day was spent telling stories and playing games by candle light with Damien. We had to have peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and dinner, the power never coming up and us not wanting to open the fridge often. We didn't get power back till a couple hours ago, which we spent  moving some things around in the house to make it easier the next time the power goes out. I'm not sure what we are doing today though, I think we might be going out and cleaning up what the storm did along with getting more things to get us through power outtages. According to Damien storms that bad are common, so we may be losing a power a lot I'm not sure. I'll probably write again tonight, but if I don't I'll update you on what happened tomorrow.

Remember, if you have questions or want to keep up with me go to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AStrangeWorldOfPurple . You can also follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TyraSummers1 . Also if you'll look to the sidebar you'll see the link to my husband's blog that he just started!

No comments:

Post a Comment