Wednesday, August 29, 2012

THE EEEEEEEEYE!

Alright, Leo is having lunch right now so I finally have a moment to post on here. Yesterday was a crazy day and I'm not sure today won't be less crazy but we'll see about that.

I had to work yesterday, and as usual I was dreading it. However I was on time as always, I'm hoping if I keep a good schedule I could get a 'raise' and not work as much to get the roof fixed.  Though yesterday's work was truly terrifying for me to do. I believe I mentioned it before, but I am really use to non-human creatures because of where I grew up on Earth. After all my mom is half dragon! Though its not what you think a big fiery scary dragon, she can't transform like that instead she can have dragon wings and talons on her hands. Her half sister though can transform into a full dragon, though I never seen her do that. Truthfully I think I should have asked her to do that sometime, because what I saw yesterday would have been easier to deal with. When the repairman and I walked up to the door I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary, I had seen a lot of the same kinds of people werewolves, ghosts etc during the other trips to houses. However I think the repairman took enjoyment out of making me knock on the door, knowing I probably wouldn't expect what I saw. The door opened up and instead of a person standing there, all I saw was an eye. A very very very big bright yellow with a red iris eye! I think I actually squeaked as I backed up almost falling off the  porch in the process, trying to ignore the repairman's joyous laughter at my fright. You know I really don't like my boss, he's becoming a real asshole but I guess that's what bosses do..anyway back to the eye..The eye seemed to look bewildered as it stared at me, just a bit of red scaly skin could be seen around it along with a claw carefully moving away.

"Clark? Who is this girl and why is she squeaking like a mouse?" the eye said, well okay it wasn't really the eye but I saw no mouth so at first I thought it was the eye.

"My new assistant, she's new to the planet and her house got damaged in a storm so she's working for me. Guess she never saw a dragon before." the repairman kept laughing all throughout his explanation, ignoring the fact I was glaring at him for laughing. Though a second later I paused in my freaking out to take into account what he had said. He had said a dragon! Like my family dragons! I just wanted to cling to the drag now even though I couldn't at the moment, I had never felt more at home then I did now and I just wish my husband and son had been there to feel it too. I think though that my boss was starting to see my longing to talk to the eye, so after finding out the dragon had transformed to keep his roof up, he had me stayed down on the porch to talk to him. My job then was to make sure nothing was hurting the dragon as my boss worked, but I think it was one of his semi-nice moments where he let me do what I want to. Which was to have a piece of home..So I spent most of the time on the porch just talking and finding out about him, it wasn't long into the conversation that he was asking why my tone ha changed. I couldn't explain everything to him of course but I did tell him that my adopted mother was a half dragon and my aunt a full dragon, and that I missed them very much and it was nice to feel a bit more of home on that planet. It took most of the day to fix that roof, but evidently the repairman has superspeed as well so I think that helped move things along as well. When he was done with the roof, the eyeball suddenly disappeared though, I almost pouted at that because I wanted to keep talking. However a moment later a young man, in his mid twenties walked out with a piece of paper with his number on it. He gave me a hug and the number telling me that I should bring my family over sometime and we could have dinner or something.

On the way back I couldn't figure out my boss really, he seemed upset but I don't know why. He just kept staring out the windshield, not saying a word to me as he drove back to his office. Actually the only thing he said when we got back was 'you can go home, come back in a couple days' and went back into his office. Not that I'm not happy to have days off, but his actions were really confusing me. I mean I don't like the man, I really don't considering he refused to have my husband helped when I can't do half the things my husband can, but still he is a person and I worry about how people are feeling and such.  When I got home I told Ellis about it all and we even told Leo about the dragon I met, I think we are going to have dinner at his house sometime this upcoming weekend.

Anyway I think Leo wants to go back outside to play with Gracie, so I gotta go and sit outside to watch him play. I don't know why he has to go outside to play with his imaginary friend, I guess he just doesn't want to bring her in the house because 'horsies don't belong in the housie' as he said at one point. Remember, if you have questions or want to keep up with me go to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AStrangeWorldOfPurple . You can also follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TyraSummers1 . Also if you'll look to the sidebar you'll see the link to my husband's blog that he just started!

No comments:

Post a Comment